Foundations for Best Practice in Lactation Care by Evergreen Perinatal Education
The Five Day Course
A complete, in-person core program to begin practice in evidence-based breastfeeding and lactation care. This five-day course is essential education for any healthcare professional or individual who works with new mothers and their newborns, or as the beginning process for becoming a lactation consultant (IBCLC). This in-depth, in-person course enables participants to provide accurate, current and consistent information about breastfeeding and lactation and to support new families in feeding their babies from birth through the process of weaning.
This in-person course provides 45 theoretical hours for the IBLCE exam eligibility requirements. All areas of the exam grid are included, and the course content is based on current scientific research. Over the course of five days, each participant will:
- Complete a written project on a breastfeeding topic of his/her choice, which will be completed outside of classroom time and reviewed by faculty during the week of the course.
- Complete a comprehensive written study guide on anatomy & physiology which will be submitted during the week of class for course credit.
- Participate in classroom and group quizzes, case studies and practice scripts of common scenarios.
- Begin preparation for the certification exam to become an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant).
- Receive a certificate of completion as a Lactation Educator at conclusion of course.
Course Agenda & Content
International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, Provider Number: CLT108-4
- 45 CERPs (43 L & 2 E) (For IBCLCs only)
45 instructional hours on the IBLCE Exam Detailed Content Outline (for preparation for first IBLCE exam)
Commission on Dietetic Registration
- 45 CPE hours, Category II (For RDs only)
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number: CEP 14127
- 45 contact hours (For RNs only)